SUP Bags and Backpacks in Comparison
SUP backpacks are a transport and storage facility for inflatable SUP boards. After a tour with the SUP, the air is released, rolled up the shell and stowed the average 8 to 12 kilograms heavy bead in the backpack.
A SUP backpack or a special carrying case is often included with a SUP board or set.
Among the featured models are also many SUP bags with wheels. Anyone who has ever enjoyed this comfort feature does not want to have to miss it again.
Aqua Marina Boardbag 2.0 with wheels
- Brand: Aqua Marina
- Dimensions: 90 cm x 40 cm x 25 cm
- Extras: casters, padding on the back and straps, waist belt, inner and outer pockets, paddle holder
The bag of Aqua Marina is relatively large. The SUP backpack fits most boards including pump, wetsuit and other accessories. The pockets on the inside and outside enhance the ability to stow away in this boardbag.
The rollers lift out this backpack. An inflatable board can weigh eight to twelve kilograms. Along with accessories, clothing and dead weight, wearing the backpack over long distances can be exhausting. The roles of this bag can therefore be very convenient.
Z-Ray SUP Backpack
- Brand: Z-Ray
- Dimensions: 97 cm x 39 cm x 23 cm
- Extras: high quality materials, zipper, large opening to the main compartment, front pocket
The black Stand Up Paddling backpack by the Chinese company Z-Ray is 97 cm not only particularly high, but also offers a large opening to the main compartment with a zipper.
In the boardbag fits a SUP board including paddle, pump and other accessories.
Fanatic Boardbag 2.0
- Brand: Fanatic
- Dimensions: 88 cm x 44 cm x 20 cm
- Extras: wheels, padding on the back and straps, waist belt, support straps on the shoulders
Fanatic offers with the Boardbag 2.0 a backpack similar to the model of Aqua Marina. The red SUP backpack comes with wheels, padded back straps and a hipbelt.
This backpack is available in different sizes. In the large version (“L”), the board and accessories fit into it.
Red Paddle Co Boardbag 2.0
- Brand: Red Paddle
- Dimensions: 98 cm x 38 cm x 30 cm
- Extras: integrated wheels, padded straps, adjustable belly strap
With dimensions of 98 cm x 38 cm x 30 cm, the Red Paddle Co Boardbag 2.0 offers enough space for a board up to a length of 12’6 “(365.76 cm), a pump and a fin.
The well-padded and adjustable shoulder straps, the padded backrest pads and the adjustable belly strap provide comfort when transporting the SUPs and accessories.
Fanatic Premium Bag Fly Air
- Brand: Fanatic
- Dimensions: 90 cm × 40 cm × 25 cm
- Extras: padding on the back and straps, waist belt
The first version of the Fanatic SUP Bag, with 90 cm × 40 cm × 25 cm, offers enough space for a board including accessories.
The blue backpack is comfortable thanks to the padding.
Eagle Creek No Matter What Rolling Duffel
- Brand: Eagle Creek
- Dimensions: 91 cm × 38 cm × 36 cm
- Extras: large wheels, various gripping and carrying options, padded shoulder strap
- Variants: available in six different colors and two sizes
The words “Handy. Practically. Waterproof. “From a customer review on Amazon * best describes the bag of Eagle Creek. Originally intended as a large travel and sports bag, the Eagle Creek can also serve wonderfully as a transport bag for SUP boards.
Bluefin SUP Carrying Case
- Brand: Bluefin
- Dimensions: 90 cm × 48 cm × 28 cm
- Extras: various gripping and carrying options, with waist belt
The carry case by Bluefin is made for inflatable Stand Up Paddling Boards with a length of up to 15 ft (457 cm). The length of the straps are variable and the SUP carrycot is equipped with high quality zippers. The backpack holds 120 liters and is also suitable as luggage for air travel.
Howzit iSUP bag
- Brand: Howzit
- Dimensions: 110 cm × 40 cm
- Extras: various gripping and carrying options, revolving zipper, 2 wheels
- Variants: available in blue and navy
The SUP bag with wheels by Howzit makes traveling with SUP board comfortable. Equipped with two large wheels, the bag can be driven over hill and dale.
In this model boards with a width of up to 38 “(about 100 cm). There are different straps and carrying reefs. Furthermore, there is a pocket inside for Finn and Leash.
Aqua Marina Magic
- Brand: Aqua Marina
- Extras: padded shoulder straps
The SUP Magic bag by Aqua Marina is different from other SUP backpacks. The polyester bag is first unfolded completely and then fixed with the rolled-up SUP board inside like a package.
It is a very simple backpack, which has no lateral attachment options for accessories such as paddle and pump.
Sevylor Tote Quikpak
- Brand: Sevylor
- Dimensions: 90 cm × 44 cm × 33 cm
- Extras: padded shoulder straps, large zippers
The Sevylor Quikpak Carrying Bag was originally designed for inflatable kayaks. However, this bag is also ideal for storing and transporting Stand Up Paddling Boards.
The bag from Sevylor holds 130 liters. On the side can be fixed comfortable paddle and other accessories.
Comment by the author
2019 is a great year to enter Stand Up Paddling. Sure the summer will be just as great as last year. And the selection of boards has never been so great!
My favorites for this SUP season are: